Sunday, April 1, 2012

Festival Circuit: Secrets and Tips

My very first short movie called 'Patients' is fully edited and festival ready. After my first attempt to get into the festival circuit, I've got a very expected 'rejection' from Paris (Cannes). Now, I am ready to ship it out again and researching to doing so, here's what my workflow has been.

I opened an account at withoutabox (owned by IMdb), and did a search on festivals that are currently open. Unable to determine which festivals are best for my film, I googled around and found this very cool site called www.filmfestivalsecrets.com where they offer the first 2 chapters of their book (Film Festival Secrets) downloadable for free. Super cool and extremely informative information. That book lead me to Indiewire where they have a nice list of the most 'relevant' film festivals at www.indiewire.com/festivals

If you also open a free account with IMdb, you can upload your movie to make it submittable for (some) festivals through withoutabox. There is a fee for most festivals, but if you want to know more about the whole process; please visit withoutabox a read their guidelines and rules.

www.withoutabox.com

That's my update on the Film Festival Circuit, which is what I am learning about at the moment.

Have a great week guys!!