Sunday, October 11, 2009

Books and DVD course

Hi there!

Well, I also wanted to share with you all these research results I came about. I DO NOT own or have any of them (yet); but all of these supposed to be REALLY good.

Books:

The Guerrilla Film Makers Handbook (All New American Edition)
by Genevieve Jolliffe and Chris Jones

Making Movies
by Sidney Lumet

How I Made a Hundred Movies in Hollywood and Never Lost a Dime by Roger Corman

Rebel without a Crew by Robert Rodriguez

Digital Filmmaking 101: An Essential Guide to Producing Low-Budget Movie by Dale Newton Sr and John Gaspard

These 5 books seem to be very good (some must have) books. I will order them in the next months and I will post my impression of them. I am particularly interested on the one from Robert Rodriguez and the one from Sidney Lumet.

I cannot really afford to go to college for filmmaking. I do not have the money, neither the time at this time on my life. So, I researched about filmmaking DVD courses. I found some, but over all I have found one with excellent reviews at Amazon and imdb!

It is a little pricey, but if I can get the same or much more of what I can get from a 'live' course; I will definitely get it as soon as I can (I can also watch it over and over without having to pay again like a 'live' course or a class at a college!).

The name of it is:
Digital Cinema Filmmaking dvd course (The Digital Cinema Filmmaker's Training Course in imdb)

They have a website and everything, but both reviews from Amazon and specially from imdb convinced me that is the right one, at least for me.

That is all for now ^_^

Have a nice rest of the weekend and a very nice week!!

Peace,